- • Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM) capability
- • Weighs less than 1.3 kg (2.9 lb)
- • Configuration data file loaded by ARINC 429
- • Instantaneous vertical speed indication (IVSI)
- • ETI information available via ARINC 429 bus
- • Encoding altimeter, (Gilham) to ARINC 575-3
- The Enhanced Software Configurable Air Data Unit (ESCADU) is intended to be the primary supply of air data parameters to the aircraft systems.
- The ESCADU calculates the air data parameters from information received from the integrated pitot and static pressure sensors and an outside air temperature probe. This computed information is supplied to other aircraft systems via an ARINC 429, analog DC or discrete signals.
- Traditional rotary installations have required mechanical dampening in order to remove the effects of rotor-wash from the display screens. The ESCADU is able to counter this by using electronic filtering to negate this effect, reducing cost of ownership by reducing weight and removing maintenance issues for the operators